Monday 17 September 2012

The Camera and the Hamaan


Happy times with my camera
One mini-disaster. I went to the open-air hammaam (loo to you) and pulled up my billowing shirt only to also pull up the handle of my camera that was hanging out of my pocket.  Up my camera flew into the air and landed on the pan.  I watched it in slow motion as it landed recalling all the near misses I’d had in Georgia with my phone and my pocket and watched as it landed and then slowly slid down the hole.  I stared at it not quite believing my eyes.  Did that actually happen?  Sadly it did. 

Rami’s two cousins offered to dig it out for me if I really wanted the camera.  Heroes.  We are guests and that is enough motivation for them to try. 

My Heroes
Not only did they use hands, hooks, string and pole under the heat of the sun digging in you know what, but they carried on again later that night in darkness by the torchlight.

Alas, they found it but couldn’t dig it up before it sunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment